— recyclefoodwaste.org —
Down to Earth Garden (formerly Children's Garden) is looking for volunteers where you can experience hands-on with the bokashi method of composting. Visit downtoearthgarden.org or fill in their form.
See bokashi process with photos and videos: downtoearthgarden.org/bokashi-process.
See also downtoearthgarden.org/composting.
The Basics (PDF files):
How-To's (PDF files):
- 3/31/2023 bokashi workshop (PDF 4.7 MB, 13 slides)
- 11/21/2020 EM-5 Workshop Online 1 pm - 2 pm (PDF 9.9 MB) | Video (shown on the last slide): Spraying EM-5 with hose-end sprayer
- 10/24/2020 Bokashi Workshops Online 1 pm - 2 pm (PDF 10 MB)
- 10/24/2020 Bokashi Workshops Online 4 pm - 5 pm (PDF 16.3 MB)
- 5/9/2020 Bokashi Workshop Online (PDF 9.7 MB)
- 4/16/2020 Bokashi Workshop Online (PDF 16.3 MB)
- PDF version (11.31 MB) | HTML version (online slide presentation)
- Slide presentation for bokashi workshop at NOFA-NJ Winter Conference 2020
- For 10/16/2019, 11.7MB PDF file
- For 10/24/2018, 13.8MB PDF file
- For webinar 4/18/2018, 4.8MB PDF file
- bokashi composting, slide presentation, Mar 2018, 8.3MB PDF file
- bokashi composting, slide presentation B (additional slides), Mar 2018, 12.32MB PDF file
Bokashi composting at El Sol Brillante community garden (ESB) and Children's Garden (CG)
Amount of food waste treated with bokashi at ESB and CG
Bokashi Workshop - Preliminary Lesson Sheets
(intended for students/interns/attendees to read/study on their own in advance of the workshop):
Handouts (4 per sheet, 8 1/2" x 11"):